Integrating Specialized Audio Technology into Your Practice
Explore methods to improve healing and wellness for your clients through the use of specialized audio technology, as demonstrated with NeuralHelix® recordings produced by Sacred Acoustics.
FOR: This course is designed for health professionals including physicians, nurses, mental health therapists, addiction specialists, counselors and related health practitioners, including life coaches, hypnotherapists, acupuncturists and other energy-healing modalities.
PRESENTED BY: Eben Alexander, M.D., Karen Newell and Anna Yusim, M.D.
WHEN: October 6-11, 2019 at Omega Institute, Rhinebeck, NY (CEs available) Register
October 20-25, 2019 at 1440 Multiversity, Scotts Valley, CA Register
Register early for best housing options
In this course, you will learn how to facilitate your patients/clients in applying practical techniques in their daily lives, and specifically how they might utilize specialized brainwave entrainment audio recordings as a tool for healing, harmony and wholeness. You will learn how meditation, heart awareness and other practices help the professional understand the value of personal experience as a link to mood stabilization and intuitive awareness. You will practice using focused attention in preparation for a range of patient/client contacts from office visits to treatments or surgery. You will learn techniques for becoming more whole - in mind, heart and spirit - and you will become more aware of the heart’s role in spiritual, emotional, mental and physical health. These are vital strategies for healing and maintaining optimum health.
Using advanced brainwave entrainment audio technology, Sacred Acoustics offers some of the leading resources to improve stress, anxiety, depression, addiction, and insomnia, while also empowering the patient in the healing process. A 2018 pilot study performed in Anna Yusim's psychiatric practice revealed a 26% reduction in anxiety after two weeks of following the listening protocol, as compared to a 7% reduction in anxiety in patients receiving regular therapy without the sound element. Patients reported a myriad of other benefits, such as better sleep, improved focus and personal breakthroughs.
Healing is multi-dimensional and interactive. Evolving standards of healthcare require attending professionals not simply to diagnose at arm’s length, but to be an active participant in their own personal wellness as well as that of their patients. When we acknowledge that life is not solely about the individual soul’s journey but an interwoven consciousness in which everyone partakes, then our purpose and effectiveness become clearer. Re-orienting our health services with this perspective requires more effective tools for healing.
During this course, participants will:
- Discuss non-conventional relationships of brain and consciousness.
- Learn the scientific evidence for filter theory and metaphysical idealism
- Review the various causes of mental health disorders
- Gain a broader perspective on mental health treatment modalities.
- Participate in direct practice using audio brainwave entrainment technology.
- Utilize breath techniques, heart awareness and additional practices.
- Realize the importance of personal experience in meditation for daily life.
- Apply the use of sound meditation in patient care.
- The failings of scientific reductive materialism as it relates to medicine.
- How filter theory, the vital role of consciousness and metaphysical idealism empowers the individual.
- Limitations and options for pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic approaches to treatment of common mental health conditions.
- Compare and contrast strengths and weaknesses of various treatment modalities -- medication, various forms of therapy, meditation, a spiritual approach, etc.
- How the above treatment modalities can be successfully integrated in clinical practice and in life.
- The effects of binaural beats and NeuralHelix audio technology on brainwave states of delta, theta, alpha, gamma.
- Overview of Becoming More Whole: Mind treatment protocol.
Gain experiential awareness of the Alpha brainwave state.
- Support for the reality of mind over matter including placebo effect and cases of spontaneous remission.
- Review the benefits of meditation and how certain behaviors physically alter the brain through neuroplasticity.
- Discussion of psychiatric causes for disorders, i.e. biochemical imbalance vs. past emotional trauma vs. problem with one’s “thinking.”
- Present evidence for a spiritual basis of mental health conditions, including psychospiritual concepts like soul correction, repetition compulsion, the shadow side and re-writing one’s narrative, as they relate to mental health.
- Potential effects of NeuralHelix recordings – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
- Best practices for guiding clients to process their meditative experiences, including common concerns and avoiding possible pitfalls.
- Using recordings for creativity, intuition, guidance, lowering stress, preparing for or recovering from surgery, etc.
Gain experiential awareness of the Theta brainwave state.
- Discuss overall rubric of realms of consciousness including: dreams, psychedelic drugs, mental illness, meditative epiphanies, etc.
- Review of specific methods used for consciousness exploration.
- Elaboration of tips and techniques for using NeuralHelix to explore transcendental states of consciousness.
- Review of NeuralHelix pilot study data and case studies of specific patients.
- How NeuralHelix recordings reduced anxiety (as measured by the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory) and other patient benefits.
- Discuss potential future applications of NeuralHelix audio technology in a therapeutic setting.
- Review technological aspects of using NeuralHelix recordings, including headphones vs. speakers, file compression, etc.
- Explain benefits of therapeutic treatment (i.e. acupuncture, hypnosis, etc.) using speakers and best practices for set up.
Gain experiential awareness of the Delta brainwave state.
- Evening sound experiential with extended NeuralHelix recordings to induce expanded states of awareness.
- Modern philosophy of mind and evidence from the neuroscience of consciousness reveal we all share one mind.
- We are truly connected by the binding force of love as revealed by near-death experience (NDE) case studies and other spiritually transformative experiences from around the world.
- Acknowledging the realities of our spiritual aspects advances psychiatric treatment.
- Present research discussing the importance of connecting to part of something greater than ourselves (i.e., God, the Universe, Mother Nature, collective consciousness, etc) for mental health and well-being.
- Understand how harnessing one’s intuition and recognizing the power of synchronicity enable us to connect to something greater than ourselves.
- Review heart research data from HeartMath and the electromagnetic field of the heart.
- Overview of the Becoming More Whole: Heart treatment protocol.
- Explanation of the heart’s role in managing emotions as compared to the brain.
- Gain experiential awareness of focused attention on the heart combined with NeuralHelix audio recordings.
DAY 5 (1/2 Day)
- A complete understanding of consciousness studies includes the evidence for reincarnation, life reviews.
- Transpersonal psychology provides a structure for fuller understanding of the meaning and purpose of individual lives.
- Demonstrate a more complete understanding of the challenges and potentials of addressing psychiatric issues.
Overview of Becoming More Whole: Spirit treatment protocol.
Eben Alexander, MD
was an academic neurosurgeon for over 25 years, including 15 years at the Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Children’s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School in Boston, with a passionate interest in physics and cosmology. He is the author of the New York Times
#1 bestseller Proof of Heaven
and The Map of Heaven
. His third book, co-authored with Karen Newell, is Living in a Mindful Universe: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Heart of Consciousness
has spent a lifetime seeking wisdom through esoteric teachings and firsthand experience exploring realms of consciousness. She empowers others by demonstrating how to connect to inner guidance, achieve inspiration, improve wellness and develop intuition. She is co-founder of Sacred Acoustics, and co-author with Dr. Eben Alexander of Living in a Mindful Universe
Anna Yusim, MD
, is a board-certified psychiatrist with a private practice in New York City. She is a Lecturer at Yale Medical School, and has worked in over 50 countries and presented at numerous national and international medical conferences. She has received numerous awards and published over 70 academic articles, book chapters, scientific abstracts and book reviews on various topics in psychiatry. Her recent book, Fulfilled
, has received widespread acclaim. www.annayusim.com